Monday, December 7, 2009

for anyone who has ever dreamt of being Indiana Jones.. or a chimney sweep



Today I had to go into the attic. I hate the attic. I have to find out why the ceiling of the round room keeps leaking. We spent a week taking off "popcorn" a spiky textured plaster applied to walls that was really a la mode in the 80's. We had to heat up the textured compound with a blow torch and scrape it off, then the entire room had to be replastered by hand because it is in the round and had lots of curves. Now there is this leak in this beautifully plastered room. The attic is only 4 1/2 feet high at its highest point. There you can be on all fours, but i have to crawl the entire length of my house on my stomach to get to the leak, where the attic is only 28 inches high. Its dusty. Its gross. I keep getting splinters in my forearms and my knees hurt. There are leaks everywhere. You can see the black water stains on the beams, which is a bad bad sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment